Volunteers are the glue that hold communities together. Volunteers build and support programs and develop positive relationships for all ages. There are opportunities to get involved that suit virtually all situations – long term, short term, sector or location specific. If you have some time to volunteer, consider reaching out to one of our local schools.
For me, volunteering is a privilege. I’ve learned and laughed alot and made friends through each experience. Currently, I am involved in a few volunteer activities.
- Local clean up coordinator, Earth Week
- Communications support for fellow Oakvillian, Madhu Nagaraja’s successful 2012 Lake Ontario Swim and 2015 Team Chile. Go Madhu! For more information, visit www.itsnotaboutswimming.com/
- Volunteer advisor for CESO, “one of Canada’s leading volunteer-based development organizations focused on improving the economic and social well-being of peoples across Canada and in more than 120 countries.” (www.ceso-saco.com/)
- International Association for Public Participation, Great Lakes Chapter Immediate Past President
- Ontario Professional Planners Institute, Council member
- Professional Standards Board for the planning profession in Canada, university accreditation subcommittee